Are the control knobs set correctly?
• The surface cooking area locator shows which element is turned on. Use the temperature setting guide in the Use & Care guide when setting heat levels.
Are you using the correct size burner for cookware?
• Use the small burners for simmering and cooking small quantities of food requiring smaller cookware.
• Use the large burners for boiling, deep fat frying and cooking large quantities of food requiring larger cookware.
Are you using proper cookware?
• See tips on proper cookware to use on your cooktop.
• For best results your cookware should be perfectly flat on the bottom.
• Using a pan too large or too small for a cooking area can impact cooking performance.
• As a rule, your cookware should not overlap the heat zone by more than one inch on each side.
• Choose the heat zone closest to the pan size.
Do you have your control knob set on the highest temperature?
• Set burner switch to highest setting.