IMPORTANT: Use only cold water when operating the disposer. Cold water hardens greasy substances, which makes it easy to grind them into tiny particles. Cold water also keeps grease from sticking to the drain lines. It is okay to drain Hot water into the disposer between grinding periods.
• After some use, food particles may accumulate in the grind chamber and baffle. An odor from the disposer is usually a sign of grease and food buildup, which is caused by insufficient water flow during and after disposer use.
• Do not “store” food waste in the grinding chamber between use to avoid odor, a clogged drain, or a jammed disposer.
To clean the disposer with a baking soda mix:
• Turn off disposer and disconnect power supply.
• Place stopper in sink opening and fill sink halfway with warm water.
• Mix 1 cup (240 ml) baking soda with the warm water.
• Turn on disposer and remove stopper from the sink to wash away loose particles. This will flood the inside of the disposer to wash away particles loosened during this cleaning operation.