How much dishwasher detergent to use?
Use only powder, liquid or tablet detergent designed specifically for automatic dishwashers.
• Any other types may cause a sudsing and as a result, poor wash performance and possibly suds and water on your kitchen floor.
Use the right amount of detergent for the job.
• Soft hot water requires less detergent – perhaps a quarter of a cup in the main cup.
• Very hard water requires a full main cup and a full open cup to get good wash performance.
• Conditions between these require judgment. Use enough to get the job done, but don’t use more than you need.
Too much detergent in very soft water will cause etching of glassware.
• This is a permanent clouding of the glass. If you experience this condition, use less detergent.
Keep your detergent fresh and dry.
• Store the detergent in container away from moisture to prevent lumps.
•Do not put detergent in the cup until you are ready to run a cycle.
•If powder detergent gets old or lumpy, throw it out; it will not clean effectively. Liquid detergents do not age.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.