• Your product has been designed to dispose of normal household food waste. When grinding normal household food waste, be sure to run the disposer with a moderate-to-strong flow of cold water, and continue to run the cold water for 15 seconds after grinding is complete to flush the drain line.
• All models can handle everyday food scraps.
• Avoid grinding large amounts of vegetable peels (i.e. potato skins, melons and fruit rinds) at one time. Instead gradually feed vegetable peels in while running the water and the disposer.
• Avoid grinding large amounts of hard materials (i.e. small bones, fruit pits, egg and lobster shells, crab and shrimp shells) at one time. Instead gradually feed hard materials in while running the water and the disposer.
• Do not throw any fibrous materials (i.e. celery, corn husks, artichokes) into the disposer).
IMPORTANT: Do not put items like plastic, glass, china, metal, tin cans, bottle caps, large whole bones or oyster and clam shells, grease, or fat into the disposer. Place these items in the trash.
• Review the product use and care guide for specific food-grinding recommendations for your model.