The unintended entry of foreign material can cause any disposer to jam. In the unlikely event the disposer becomes jammed, release it by following these steps:
• Turn the wall switch to the “off” position and turn off cold water.
• Insert an end of your jam breaker wrench (provided with your disposer) into the center hole of the bottom of the disposer.
• Work the wrench back and forth until it moves freely for at least one complete revolution. Remove wrench before restarting disposer.
• Remove the foreign object(s) with long-handled tongs.
• Allow the motor to cool 3 – 5 minutes then lightly push the red reset button.
IMPORTANT: Before pressing the reset button, make sure the wall switch is in the “off” position or, on batch feed models, remove the stopper from the “run” position.
• Restart the disposer by turning on the water and power.
• If the disposer remains inoperative, check the service panel for tripped breakers or fuses.
• Should the disposer still not operate, contact a local service provider for assistance.