Continuous-feed operating instructions
• Remove cover from sink opening and turn on a good flow of Cold water. It is absolutely necessary that cold water flows into the disposer while it is in operation.
• Cold water hardens greasy substances, which makes it easy to grind them into tiny particles. Cold water also keeps grease from sticking to the drain lines. If you have a double sink, make sure the faucet is positioned to the side where the disposer is installed during disposer operation.
• Scrape food waste into the disposer opening. Mix soft and hard food waste items for most efficient grinding.
• Tilt cover and place it in the sink opening. This allows for maximum water flow to aid in grinding and minimizes ejection of materials during the grinding process.
• Turn wall switch to “on” position.
• Allow both the disposer and cold water to run after grinding is completed to help flush drain pipes. Ground waste and water flow at an approximate rate of 2 seconds/foot in a pitched horizontal drain pipe. The water flow time after grinding will depend on the quantity of ground food and the length of the horizontal drain pipe.
• Turn wall switch to the “off” position, and allow cold water to run for up to 15 seconds to flush the drain line.